Friday, November 27, 2009

.:FLASHBACK FRIDAY:.


WHEN THIS SONG HIT U.S. RADIO IN THE SUMMER OF 1996, I HATED IT! SO MUCH SO THAT I TOLD EVERYONE WHO HAD EARS. I HATED IT FOR TWO REASONS, THE FIRST BECAUSE IT WAS A EURO SONG AND I JUST COULD NOT GET INTO SUCH FAST PACED MUSIC. TEH SECOND REASON WHO I HATED THIS SONG WAS BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS TOO DAMN REPETITIVE. HOWEVER, TWO MONTHS LATER I WOULD EAT MY WORDS. I BOUGHT THE SINGLE SIMPLY BECAUSE I COULD NOT GET THE DAMN TUNE OUT OF MY HEAD, BUT I STILL HATED IT. A WEEK LATER I COULD NOT STOP PLAYING IT. THIS IS NOW ONE OF MY FAVE TUNES OF THE 90'S. I SAW HER PERFORM A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO AT PHILLY GAY PRIDE AND SHE WAS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE. HERE'S TO THOSE SONGS THAT MAKE US LOVE THEM. GOTTA LOVE 'EM I SAY.

3 comments:

  1. This song is a guilty pleasure, like coke cause everyones doing it but know one wants to talk about i.LOL, i felt the same way you did when i first heard this tune she had another one like this from the same album and it was just as repetitive and loveable all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whan i saw this posted it brought back memorys.I'm from london,england and this was our hope 4 the eurovision song contest,sadly we lost but this song was everywhere,from my school disco to any party i went to and whenever i turned on the radio..yes there it was.so thanx for posting this and reminding me how good it was to be young and foolish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes please eat all of your words. check out her other single Fresh. There's even a speed garage mix that's awesome. i am so glad you are humbled and i love your blog.

    ReplyDelete